Thursday, March 5, 2009

My lack of blogging!

So I became what I hate. The person who starts a blog and then never updates it! I am that person, but I have a renewed desire to put to paper what I am thinking about life, love, church, politics, etc... So today we are in the midst of financial down turn. I am choosing to take the positive approach and believe that my God is in control of me and my family. I am tired of the news and all the negativity, I am ready for the church to stand up and say that GOD IS IN CONTROL! Not just say it, but believe it. I want the church to walk in peace during the storm. I do not want to hear about how this is the worst since blah blah blah.... I want to hear about the opportunities we have to reach people and impact lives. I want to hear how we can be a blessing to the ones that are in need. My in-laws church leadership team recently had a meeting where the pastor challenged them all to but more groceries and stock up their food. My first reaction was frustration until I heard the rest of the story! He challenged them to stock up the pantry so that they could be a blessing to the neighbors who maybe lost their job or to some others in the church who are going through crisis.
I do not deny the facts, I just want my focus to be Jesus and not my circumstances!!

No comments: